Gearbox Side A - MX6/MX8 Zodiac pool cleaner
The gearbox A is also referred to as a directional control device, Side A on Zodiac-diagrams and technical drawings.
Wondering how to test if the MX6's gearbox is faulty?
- Click here to see a short video to test gearbox functionality.
Questions & Answers:
1. How do I check which side gearbox is faulty? Have a look at the video above.
2. Are the gears inside the MX8 gearbox available? Unfortunately loose gears are not available, only the complete gearbox.
3. Where is side "A" or "B" marked? Look on the side of component to view the letter "A" or "B".
When the MX8 machine faces you with the top cover's yellow button in front, the gearbox on the right-hand side is Gearbox A and the gearbox on the left-hand side is Gearbox B.
Exploded diagram of the MX8 pool cleaner:
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
The item description states that this is for the MX6. Is it also compatible with the MX8?
Yes, the gearbox A is also used in the MX8 machine which also has a different second gearbox.
- Zodiac MX6 machines has 1 gearbox labeled "A"
- Zodiac MX8 machines has 2 diffrent gearboxes labeled "A" and "B"