Cartridge Filter Spaflo 25 No Cartridge complete with lid
Most used spa cartridge filter for jacuzzi's (spas) in South Africa. The housing is complete, but no cartridge inside.
A spa filter cartridge is essential to clean water and remove debris.
Benefit of having a cartridge filter for spas:
- Cartridge filters are much smaller than sand filters which is the alternate option for spas;
- Cartridge filters remove finer debris from water than sand filters, thus filtrates better;
- Heat-loss through the filter housing is less than with a sand filter due to the smaller outside surface area;
- Clean of cartridge filters takes less water than the "backwash & rinse cycle" of sand filters;
- Finally its uses up less space in a compact pump-box and is nowadays commonly installed in jacuzzi's / spas.
Exploded diagram of 25ft3 Quality spa cartridge filter:
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this ok for a 2 cu mtr koi pond
Even for a small koi or fish pond 2m3 (2000L) we would not recommend cartridige filters due to fact that it filters so fine and will easily clog up and block waterflow from the pump. Cartrdige filters are used on their or in combination with sandfilters to clean swimming pool or spa water. Solution:
- Use a sandfilter with quick-release lid specifically designed for fish ponds | https://swemgat.com/products/speck-badu-koi-3-bag-sand-filter-120kg-sand - and use coarse koi-filtersand as filter medium | https://swemgat.com/products/sand-koi-40kg-3-5mm