Quality Superflo swimming pool 220V pump with 2 Year Warranty
Brand Name: Quality
Pump sizes (output power rating): 0.45kW; 0.6kW; 0.75kW; 1.1kW; 1.5kW
TIP: Please select an click your size pump on the options field drop down and the price will change accordingly.
Quality Superflo branded self-priming pool pumps is currently the most popular swimming pump in South Africa, but since 2021 a new improved pump, the Superflo2 or now called the Swimflo is quickly growing in popularity due to improved electrical efficiency, lower running noise and improved cooling dynamics. For information and prices of the Swimflo pump - click here.
For daily filtration of residential swimming pools, use the following pump and sandfilter combinations as a minimum:
- Use a 0.45kW pump with 2 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 20000L water
- Use a 0.6kW pump with 2 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 30000L water
- Use a 0.75kW pump with 3 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 60000L water
- Use a 1.1kW pump with 4 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 90000L water
- Use a 1.5kW pump with 5 Bag Sand filter to filtrate up to 12000L water
Tips for selecting a pump:
- The size of the sand filter determines the size of the pump
- A bigger pump, uses more electricity and does not necessarily equals better water quality
- To save electricity, look at the range of energy saving pump available by clicking here
- More filtration will provide more hygienic water and better water clarity throughout the year
- Consider using a sand filter in conjunction with a cartridge filter for better filtration, i.e. to "polish" the water to a crystal clear colour
- Design guideline: Turn the water once or more per day for residential pools and upto 6 times or more for commercial pools, all will depend on bather loading and the surrounding landscape or environment
PUMP WARRANTY BY FACTORY:
- 2 Years from date of purchase
The pump is a self-priming pump, which can be installed above or below water level, if you choose to go below, be sure to connect a control valve on your suction pipe between the pool weir/skimmer and the pump, which will prevent your pump being flooded when you open the lid to clean the pump leaf basket.
Do not over tighten fittings into the inlet and outlet of the pump. Position pump on a flat level surface not exposed to flooding, as the pump motor is not waterproof.
Electrical connection should be done by an electrician, be sure to earth the motor. Pump should be installed in a weatherproof and well ventilated enclosure away from all chemicals. Before starting the motor, open the lid of the pump and add water to cover the basket, replace lid and tighten by hand. Never run the pump dry without water, and clean the pump leaf basket regularly.
SEE DIAGRAM BELOW FOR PUMP PERFORMANCE
The head in meters is shown on the vertical axis which is the height of water delivery, and the volume could then be read on the horizontal axis measured in litres per minute.
1. Pump Clamp Complete
2. Pump Knob
3. Pump Lid
4. Pump Lid O-Ring
5. Pump Basket
6. Pump Body
7. Pump Diffuser O - Ring
8. Diffuser Screws
9. Pump Diffuser
10.Pump Flange O -Ring
12.Mechanical Shaft Seal
POOL CARE TIP:
Use a gel block or Africhem Wondercube to "polish the water" and improve filtration of a sand filter. Insert the gel block in the weir basket. The product will dissolve and sit on the filter media (filter sand) where it will help to capture finer particles and could even help to eliminate cloudy or milky water caused by dead algae.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Do you deliver to Cape town and what would the delivery cost be for a Quality 0.75 pump?
Yes, we deliver country-wide.
Orders above R950 is delivered FREE ;)
Therefore - no extra charge to deliver a pool pump to Cape Town
I have a Quality filter pump .75kw and the bearing in the motor is shot. Where do I get hold of new bearings for the motor? I live in the Eastern Cape
We deliver swimming pool parts via courier anywhere in South Africa.
Normally the size number of the bearings of Quality swimming pool pumps are indicated on the factory-plate on the side of the motor, click on the following link and select the correct size. https://swemgat.com/products/pool-pump-bearing-6201
To select more than one size bear from the dropdown-list; click to selct & add the first size of bearing; then return to the same link above and to select & add the second size