OC1 Koi Filter Media 50L bag
Filter media performs two functions in the filter.
- to provide an obstruction to work as mechanical filtration
- becomes a substrate for bacteria to colonize
The performance or the effect of a biological filter mostly depends on the type of filter media used.
A good filter media should respond to many requirements as listed below:
- Specific surface area of the filter-media
- Three dimensional distribution of the surface area
- Free volume and resistance to plugging
- Efficient capture of suspended solids
- Easiness to clean the media
- Aging of raw material, resistance against corrosion by weather,
light, temperature fluctuation and chemicals
- Easy installing
- Safe to Use; Environmental friendly
- Light weight
- Transport friendly
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.