Quality pool pump Shaft seal | Mechanical seal for 0.45kW, 0.6kW, 0.75kW, 1.1kW, 1.5kW (Select size)
Changing a shaft seal (mechanical seal) of a swimming pool pump:
- Shut down the pool pump motor and disconnect its power supply (you might be able to do this at the fuse box). It's important to do this to avoid electrocuting yourself.
- Open up the pump housing. Generally the housing will have sunken bolts that can be unscrewed. The housing may need to be opened gently if it is jammed.
- Remove the impeller. You will need to unscrew the impeller cover and then unscrew the impeller itself. You may need to grip the pump shaft with clamps in order to prevent it from turning. This is also a good opportunity to inspect the impeller for any signs of wear.
- Unscrew the seal plate bolts and remove the seal plate. Now you will have access to the seal itself. Gently pull out the seal spring and gasket, and then slide out the seal itself. Make sure you note how the components went in, as you'll need to put them in the same way.
- Clean the area around where you will be installing the seal with a rag. Take the new seal assembly and slide it in, being careful not to get any dirt or grease on the new seal. Before you slide in the assembly, inspect the area for any foreign objects or signs of wear. Screw the seal plate back in.
- Replace the impeller and impeller cover. Again, you may need to clamp the pump shaft
Click here for a video how to change a swimming pool pumps' shaft seal
For Quality pumps sizes:
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.